Packing Tips When Sailing to Your Dream Destination
Once you have decided where to go for your next vacation and you have also booked your sailboat charter, the next question is what to take with you onboard. Life on the island and onboard is very natural and casual; however, m
ost first time travelers pack too many things which they end up hardly using during their trip out to sea.
Following are a few tips that will ensure that you don’t pack unnecessary items yet still have a great sailing vacation experience.
- You should know that the storage space in most yachts is limited and not favorable for hard luggage. The best thing to do is to use duffel bags to keep yourself from packing too much and to fold up the bag when not in use.
- Make sure to pack all the documents you will need while travelling. This may include your passport, your identity card, your sailboat charter documents, your ATM card and similar items. Moreover, it’s also wise to bring photocopies of each that can be used in emergencies.
- Don’t pack too many formal clothes and accessories. You might need one or two if you are planning to attend events on the island or going on dinners, but the truth is that most of your time will be spent on the waves wearing very little.
- Since you will be spending long hours under the sun, you need some sort of protection for your skin such as sunglasses, baseball caps, sun screens and sun-burn soothers.
- Although you wouldn’t want to think about any emergencies during your sailing vacation, unplanned things do happen and you should be well prepared for them. Keeping flashlights in case the lights go out and First Aid Kits onboard, including pain killers, antiseptic creams, bug sprays and bandages will definitely help.
- Bringing your own snorkel equipment is better than using rented ones. This avoids allergies and/ or skin problems caused by using things that have been through several hands.
- Keep a camera with you if you want to remember your sailing vacation even after several years have passed. Make sure its batteries, charger and other accessories are along with it to avoid disappointments later on.
- Pack small entertainment items like books, CD players, indoor games, etc., to allow you to pass your time on your sailboat charter.
← Back To The Blog